Crusader's Empathy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Take on the Metagame Currently. Patch 2.3

2 posters

Go down

My Take on the Metagame Currently.   Patch 2.3 Empty My Take on the Metagame Currently. Patch 2.3

Post by Domswagniel Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Hello all, Im here to take my own spin on Strobe's metagame analysis because i feel that he has left out alot of undervalued decks, and overpraised some others as well.

Tier 1
Encampirates
Undead Humans

Tier 1.5
Encampment
Pure Undead
Any Variant of Pure Humans
Council of War
Bog Humans

Tier 2
Shadeyard
Shire
Feypirates/pure pirates
War Hall
Gateway
Pure Bog

Tier 3
Hallowed Woods
Singing Tree
Archive of the Lost
the Nest

So now to talk about Tier 1 and 1.5 decks, and why they are so dominant in this patch.

Tier 1
Encampirates- The pirate cards are very strong in the current meta, because of the fact that they have a very high amount of early game damage for little honor cost, while still having a lot of late game to look forward to with Treasure Kracken as well as Pirate Captain and scallywag, but when combined with Encampment without any encampment units, it allows for MUCH higher burst in the early game due to the new effect giving very low cost units, while still increasing your late game due to being able to play pillager to rack up cards.

Undead Humans- The undead archetype have been very strong as a constant attacking threat, but the weakness is that they are very prone to being killed quckly by the enemy units due to lack of defense and lack of health, but adding the humans to the undead give them the defense and healing that they need, not to mention the fact that imperial shieldmaster allows the undead to attack freely without threat of being killed.

Tier 1.5
Encampment- Rush is very prominent in the meta currently, and because, as of 2.3, Encampment allows for you to play down units almost whenever with little to no cost, you can fill up the board and overwhelm your opponents before they have a chance to start their combos, not to mention that it also counters other rush decks because of the fact that if they throw out low cost low health units, they can be easily executed by Korkar and his resetting attacks.

Pure Undead- The undead archetype offers alot in always being a threat in terms of attack, and when killed can be easily returned to gain bonuses, while still being able to deal its damage.

Council Of War- While not being as rush-oriented as Encampment, Council of War does very well with being a deck that if a slight lead is gained, is almost unstoppable, and in set 2, Fallen Angel allows somebody to gain small temporary advantages in units on the field, which is exactly what the canarothians need to set up council of wars, and easily take control of the game. While not being quite as good as its 2.2 counterpart, it is still very strong in the current meta

Pure Humans- I feel that in such a rush focused meta, everyone has forgotten the one and only true counter to rush, which is stacking defense. The thing about humans though, is that they can not only stack alot of defense, but also due to high base stats, and combat academy, have large amounts of attack as well. This allows the humans to not only be a very strong antimeta deck, but also hold their own against other nonmeta decks such as pure bog, shire, and hallowed woods.

Bog Humans- A different spin on Antimeta, While not having anywhere near the attack power as humans, bog humans allows you to completely negate all advances whatsoever even with some of the worst hands, making it probably the most consistant deck in the game.

tier 2 decks i feel are balanced, and dont need any explanation, as they would be viable choices without dominating the game

Explanation on tier 3 decks:

Hallowed woods- In the current rush meta, there is no time for hallowed woods to pull out any of their creatures, and by the time they get enough cards and honor to play any of their boss monsters, they have either already lost with a bad hand, or with a good hand, any boss monster that they manage to play will most likely just get fallen angeled.

Singing tree- I feel that if somebody really devoted themselves to this deck it could be tier 2 at best, being a currently unrepresented deck. Yes, it does power down the enemy units, which can be good in a lot of cases, but all of your units also have really low base stats with no way to power up, effectively meaning that your opponents start off with strong cards that grow weak over time, but you have weak cards all throughout the game, making it really hard to win. This deck is probably at the top of tier 3, and could possibly be at tier 2.5 or 2, but due to the lack of anybody playing it, because it is uninteresting and has little comboes, i cant rate it fairly, and all claims about this deck are purely speculation without evidence.

Archive of the Lost- With all of the discarding nesessary for shadewalkers to combo, they cant survive without bloated bag, which is a gateway card, meaning that they slowly kill themselves. And to top it off, even if you manage to pull good comboes, alot of the Archive cards combo into the Nest cards, meaning alot of combos wont even work.

The Nest- Honestly if there were a Tier 4, this would be in it. The Nest provides no room for error anywhere, as you will CONSTANTLY be discarding your own units in an attempt to find an advantage, meaning that you will almost always end up killing yourself trying to power up The Maw, if you can even get it out in the first place.

Keep in mind if you have any comments especially involving constructive criticism about formatting or what you would like to see more of from my analyses in the future, feel free to leave a comment down below, peace for now.   Very Happy

Last edited by Domswagniel on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Domswagniel
Domswagniel

Back to top Go down

My Take on the Metagame Currently.   Patch 2.3 Empty Re: My Take on the Metagame Currently. Patch 2.3

Post by Bliztron Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 am

The analysis is well constructed with good commentary. Some suggestions that you could use to expand your analysis.

-Specific examples of cards or combos that exemplify the reasons portrayed.

-Consider adding a section where you explain why other subdeck types are not as good and point out weaknesses they have.

Bliztron
Bliztron
Admin

https://crusaderempathy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Take on the Metagame Currently.   Patch 2.3 Empty Re: My Take on the Metagame Currently. Patch 2.3

Post by Domswagniel Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:35 am

Bliztron wrote:The analysis is well constructed with good commentary. Some suggestions that you could use to expand your analysis.

-Specific examples of cards or combos that exemplify the reasons portrayed.

-Consider adding a section where you explain why other subdeck types are not as good and point out weaknesses they have.

Done, thanks for the feedback on my analysis and i hope this helps with card balancing in the upcoming patch 2.4
Domswagniel
Domswagniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum